Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ephesians 6:11

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.


This is definately my favorite verse in the Bible not only because it actually makes sense to me, but it shows me that God has a special armor for us that can sheild us from the strongest attacks, both physical and spiritual.

What we don't know is that there is a spiritual war going on for each and every one of us.

I know you've heard this a million times but the Devil is here to kill, steal, and destroy and thats soooo true.

But guess what? There is an even stronger guy out there and his name is Jesus! And he wants to take you in, protect you, and love you.

Even though most of you know that, I just know that it helps me to have a reminder of it every once and a while.

But now I want to know about you, what is your favorite verse in the Bible?

3 comments:

Jordan Garrett said...

My favorite verse has GOT to be Mathew 5:16. It says "let your good deeds shine for all to see, so that everyone may praise your Heavenly Father." It's basicly saying if you've got God, let others see it!! Don't do crap that will make God look like crap too. Its always a good reminder of what i need to do now that im a Christian. Good post!

Taylor Hale said...

I actually have a couple:
Matt. 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

1 Timothy 4:12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

GREAT POST!

Alec Warn said...

"Resist the Devil, and he will FLEE." James 4:7


and matthew 18:20
for where 2 or more gather in my name, there am i.