Friday, August 1, 2008

Waiting

Listening to my Ipod yesterday I came across a song that just cleared some stuff up that I had running through my head.
In the past I had heard someone say that God doesn't show himself to you in one big pour, it would be way to overwhelming for us to handle, but instead he shows himself to us in little drips that way it's not so overwhelming.
But since it has to be like that it take a long time, and we feel like we're getting nowhere in our relationship with God, and since the drips are so small we have to keep a look out for them.
Have you ever been outside when it's raining and just stuck your tongue out to catch the rain drops? Well it's the same exact thing, when you stick your tongue out it feels like your not getting any water at all, so you start moving around and trying to catch more of them, but the thing is is if you just wait in the same spot for a little while you'll start catching them.
So long story short, we have to have patience, wait for God, don't move around trying to catch Him, he'll come for us, we just wait and pray to him.
Anyways, here's the song hope it means as much to you as it does to me!
God protect me from myself I search for life finding death God heal me My broken heart it longs for You I'm waiting, I'm waiting To hear You call my name I'm waiting, I'm waiting For You Lord And I'm ready, for you to draw me near It's always been this way with you But that's what makes you dear I'm waiting, I'm waiting To hear You call my name I'm waiting, I'm waiting For You Lord Oh Lord you know my heart I'm waiting, I'm waiting To hear You call my name I'm waiting, I'm waiting For You Lord I'm waiting, I'm waiting To hear you call my name Fixated, I'm waiting For You Lord
(Fireflight)

4 comments:

Jordan Garrett said...

Oh my gosh yes. I need to work on patience.That was really good..your best post yet by far!!!!

Alec Warn said...

VERY cool post. its really true!
Last night a song came on the radio, (song of hope) and it was one of the first christian songs i had ever heard. it made me think back to two years ago, or even one, and how far i've come. how far we've all come. its hard to notice, unless you look back and see that all those drips from God really have turned into a cup full of water ;]. simply amazing.

AND! as for the song, how amazing is it that God is ALWAYS seeking us, and has His timing for everything. If we would just be patient...

Mandy said...

Oh that's good. Just what I needed to hear...

Abbi said...

Good stuff, little bro. :) Patience is a hard thing...no matter how old a person is! :)