Thursday, September 4, 2008

Are You a Revolution?

If I'm here all alone If I'm left behind If they spit in my face If they hate my kind I will rise above I will live for love I will answer to the call For the bond between For the depth unseen For my God forsake it all 'Cause I'm a fire I'm a flood I'm a revolution I am a war Already won I'm a revolution When the world is at war When the grace is gone When the hungry lay dead While the rich live on I will rise above I will live for love I will answer to the call For the bond between For a depth unseen For my God forsake it all Here I stand Open hands Waiting for You I won't back down I'll live to speak Your truth.

That one has got to be my favorite worship song of all time. The words are simple yet it means more to me than any other song I've heard.
It's the best definition of God's Will that I've seen yet, and with God's command for us to carry on his Will written all over the Bible I'm thinking we should probably do it.
So my question is this....
....Are you a Revolution?

3 comments:

Jordan Garrett said...

holy cow good song!! :) (and no...i was NOT singing along...;)

I really strive to be a revolution, but sometimes doing what I want gets in the way of what God wants. I need to work on being totally, completly, all the way 100% for God all the time.

A. Lusey said...

mmmk, so i've never met you but ive heard about you from alec, jordan, sheridan and jordan. im alyssa, if that means anything. anyway, so i realize me leaving a comment is creeperish but i was bored and i just started reading this and.. wow.
there is so much truth in that song, the revolution part sticks out to me but there is something that stands out even more. "I am a war, already won"... how cool is it that the constant battles we face in life a all apart of this war.. THAT GOD HAS ALREADY WON! it blows my mind. what do we have to fear with the ultimate victor on our side? we can never lose. :)

Jordan Garrett said...

alyssa, that part ALWAYS gives me chills when i sing it! it is sooo true, love the comment :)

and it's totally bugging me that you put jordan twice. i mean i know im important but still...;)

oh and jacob it really is ok shes not a creeper i promise....well there was that one time....lol